As much as we love our kois to stay healthy and feed well always, unfortunately, like all living things, kois can sometimes fall ill as they are susceptible to diseases caused by parasitic attacks, bacterial infection and/or fungal infection. During this time, it is vital to treat promptly and appropriately with the right koi medication to help kois recover from the sickness.
The key to koi treatment is to first identify the symptoms the kois are suffering from, and then prescribe the appropriate koi medicine, and dose the recommended amount.
Below are a range of commonly used medications for koi treatment in the koi industry. Identify the symptoms your koi is suffering from, and then determine which medication is appropriate.
Ideal for kois suffering from symptoms such as:
- Pinecone appearance
- Swollen skin with haemorrhage
- Pop eyes
- Swollen abdomen due to dropsy
- Separation of several scales with haemorrhage
- Deep ulcers
- Fin rot (tip and edge of fins become muddy white)
Dosage & Administration
Best treatment via Chemical Bath of affected kois in Tub
|Chemical Bath Time||Dosage|
|4 Hours||Dissolve 5 to 10 grams of product per 100 Litres of water|
|24 Hours||Dissolve 1 to 2 grams of product per 100 Litres of water|
After Chemical Bath, return fish back to pond/tank, and dispose off the Chemical Bath water.Please ensure there are enough dissolved oxygen in tub during Chemical Bath, usually by placing a tube with air bubbles.
For more effective treatment, may repeat another Chemical Bath on the next day for the affected fish.
- Collected from mountain of the Yasawagi Oomori-Cho Yokote-shi Akita Japan
- 100% natural material made of montmorillonite clay mineral (no additives)
- Granularity as small as 0.001mm making iteasy to dissolve
- Contains more than 16 kinds natural minerals
- Improve water quality
- Coagulate suspended solids/impurities in the water
- Countermeasure for acid rain in the rainy season
- Water becomes crystal clear
- Koi have good digestibility
- Improve Koi’s skin condition and shine
- Dissolved sea salt in water at the right amount, helps fishes to grow additional slime coating on their skin, which acts as first line of defense against parasitic attacks and bacterial infection.
- Salt bath at the right amount is also effective in treating fishes against parasites, bacteria and fungus.
- Dose Amount:
- The ideal salinity in pond water for kois is 0.15% salt concentration. To get 0.15% salinity, dose 1.5kg salt per 1000Litres of water.
- When fishes are ill, salt treatment of 0.3% to 0.5% salt concentration is an effective and inexpensive treatment method. To get 0.3% salinity, dose 3kg salt per 1000Litres of water.
- Effective tap water conditioner
- Neutralizes chlorine, chloramine and heavy metals
- Helps forms and replenish protective slime coating for fishes; which aids as first line of defense against parasitic attacks
- Buffers pH hence reducing stress on fishes
- For neutralizing chlorine/chloramine from fresh tap water, 1 capful for every 38L of tap water
- For treating external injuries and abrasions, 2 capfuls for every 38L of water